In the era of technology, we can do everything easily and quickly with the help of our smartphones. Just think, you want to eat your favorite food from your favorite restaurant, but don’t want to go outside?
You can easily do it with the help of food delivery apps. Such apps allow you to instantly get your favorite food on time at affordable prices. These apps make food ordering seamless, faster, and convenient.
Now the market for food app development is seeing huge growth and able to get huge revenue, that’s why most of the businesses are entering this field. There are various successful food delivery apps and UberEats is one of them.
So, if you are planning to have a food delivery app like UberEats, then this blog is for you. Through this, we are going to discuss the important features required to develop an app like UberEats.
How UberEats/Zomoto Work?
It is one of the most popular food delivery apps which inspires lots of startups to join the food app development field. The UberEats app works as a restaurant aggregator as well as a delivery agent. The basic features perform by the app are;
- UberEats app works on traditional food delivery systems as through a single app it lists users with different restaurants.
- It also has an option for food delivery. If some of the restaurants deny delivering food, it uses its logistics network to deliver food orders from restaurants.
It also offers various other features for making food ordering more convenient for users. Some of its notable features are;
- Advanced Search Filters
- Customizable delivery details
- Order tracking
- Tailored restaurant recommendations
How UberEats Raise Profit?
It follows three important monetization strategies to raise profit which includes;
- Delivery Fee: It charges a delivery fee based on distance between restaurants and customers. It varies from $2 to $8 per order.
- Advertising: It also makes money through marketing fees. The partners with the restaurants pay for promotion.
- Sharing Revenue from Restaurants: The app also charges around 15% to 40% fee from restaurants for each order received through the app.
Features Require to Develop a Food Delivery App like UberEats
It is not an easy task to develop an app similar to UberEats by food ios app Development Company as it requires something advanced from competitors. You can’t get success by simply copying the features and model of the UberEats. So, we bring some of the important features to develop a unique app that can easily surpass UberEats.
Follow the Latest Trends of Food Delivery Industry
The important thing all the food restaurant app development companies should keep in mind is that they must be aware of the latest trends in the food delivery industry. They must have proper knowledge of different delivery channels to make the app unique in comparison to others. To fulfill the requirements of your app, you should consider these food ordering trends;
How innovative it is that you can place your order through social media accounts? This option makes your app unique and takes your app ahead of the competitor. One of the most renowned food brands Domino’s Pizza used this feature as it allows its users to order pizzas through their Twitter account.
You can also add this feature to your food ordering app, which helps you in attracting more users as now most of the people are active on social media platforms.
It becomes an important tool in most of the areas than how you can avoid food ordering with this modern technology. With the help of this technology, you can order your favorite food through messengers and also request food via a single word. Let’s take example of some of the most famous apps;
- Domino’s Pizza: The Company has its chatbot named Dom, which allows users to order food through Twitter and messengers. With this chatbot, you can also inform customers regarding the latest offers and deals.
- Grubhub: The food delivery app has integrated itself with Alexa and Amazon’s virtual assistant which allows customers to reorder any of their last purchases performed through the platform. Its assistant also tells you the approx delivery time.
Wearable devices are quickly turning into an integral segment of the electronics industry. With the use of this smart technology, you can also make your app unique in comparison to its competitor. Some of the top businesses are using Apple and Android smart devices.
- Domino’s: It was the first food delivery app that launches a food ordering app for smartwatches to simplify food ordering.
- OrderUp: Another brand which enters into the wearable device market. With its app for apple watch, users can easily place an er and track delivery status.
Select Food Delivery Model
Food app Development Company needs to select a model for its food delivery app that can fulfill the requirements of their business. There are two important models for the food delivery market; you need to select any of them according to the requirements of your food ordering app. These models are;
Order-Only Model: Through this model, your app is only responsible for ordering and managing food orders. In this model, profits can only be earned by taking charge of restaurants when orders made through the app. The app charges 10% to 30% per order. The important thing about this model is that you don’t have to think about the delivery of the order, but the limitation of the model is that it is highly crowded with competitors.
Order and Delivery Model: This model allows your app to be responsible for both managing food orders and its delivery. In a few cases, such businesses hire courier services. This model allows you to gain more profit as you charge some from restaurants and also take delivery charges. With this model, you can able to gain huge revenue. UberEats also works on this model.
Read more : Why your restaurant need a food delivery app?
Research your Target Audience
If any of the Food Restaurant Application Development Company wants to develop a top-notch food delivery app, then it must know its customers or targeted audience. If you can know your users, then it is easy to create an app that can fulfill the requirements of your target audience.
Your consumers could be narrow like raw vegans or broad such as pizza lovers. So, you need to have a clear picture of your consumers. You can also follow these points to know about your consumers;
- Social characteristics, including income, age, gender, and so on.
- How do your consumers spend their free time?
- What problem is your product solving?
- Why do consumers use your product instead of your competitors?
Answers of these points help you in finding your consumers and making a unique food ordering app to fulfill the requirements of your targeted consumers.
Selecting Important Food Delivery Services
When you are planning for food app development like UberEats make sure that you are following the important features;
- Registration and Login: Make it easy registration and login process of your app as allow users to log in through email or any of the social media platforms.
- Search: Influence your food ordering app with the search section. This section should contain images of dishes and a small description of the meal.
- Order Placing: Have a feature to add orders on the shopping cart.
- Order Checkout: Once users selected their dishes and able to place orders. In this section, all selected dishes of users and total price should be disclosed.
- Payment: This section allows your users to pay their payment through in-app payment gateway. You need to add several payment systems like Credit Card, Debit Card, PayPal, and more. Also, have an option of Cash on Delivery.
- Notifications: You can regularly update your users about the status of the order through SMS and push notifications.
- Order Tracking: You can influence your food ordering app like UberEats through real-time order tracking feature by using any of the navigation tool. It also helps your couriers to get the best and shortest route to reach the user’s location.
- Reviews and Ratings: Allows your users to share the experience with the app through reviews and also rate the restaurants through your app.
Choose Best Technology
The success of your food app development depends on the selection of your technology. The successful food ordering app like UberEats also selects the best technologies to achieve its business goals through app. Some of the essential technologies to develop UberEats like app are;
For Restaurant Listing
- Foursquare API
- Grubhub API
- Square API
- Google Maps
- Core Location Framework
- Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Amazon SNS
Development Cost of a Food Delivery App like UberEats?
The cost of food app development depends on many elements like type of platform, the number of integrations, features, technologies, and many more. The food restaurant app development company will come up with accurate app estimation only after the inception phase. This phase is the first step for your app development. This stage consists of various components like;
- Functional specification
- Visual prototypes
- UX/UI design
After the inception phase, you have a clear picture of the end solution. The app development team needs to spend 50 hours on UI/UX design, around 70 hours on the back-end, and the development stage can take up to 120 hours for each platform. So, the cost of the app development depends on the charge per hour taken by the Food Restaurant Application Development Company.
Nowadays, food ordering services are highly popular which makes on-demand food ordering apps a potential niche for investments. But, you need to develop a unique app to stay ahead with your competitor. You need to follow proper strategies and trends to create a successful food delivery app like UberEats.
The last and the important thing to keep in mind is to hire one of the top food restaurant application Development Companies for the successful delivery of your app.