Let’s rewind your tape to the 1990s cartoon series- Richie Rich. Have you remembered Irona- the robot maid who performs all the chores in the house?
Every one of us imagines to have such a maid in our house who make breakfast and coffee for us once we wake up, make the house clean and tidy after we left the messy house, perform needful repairs in the house, and keep the dinner ready once we get back to the house. It’s a great fantasy. Isn’t it?
Sadly, technology has not improved enough to meet these hi-tech needs. Well, not too that level, but technology has made something as good as Irona. Excited to know the alternative of Irona? The on-demand handyman can perform all the magic that possibly Irona like robots can create in the future.
Let’s understand the on-demand handyman app in detail:
The on-demand handyman model has bridged the gap between the users looking for home services and home service providers by connecting them on a single platform. There are several home services such as cleaning services, home maintenance services, installation services, pest control services, or repair services, which are possible just with a single tap on the app.
The service seeker just needs to install the handyman app, browse the available services, and then send a quote to the service provider for the home services required. The service provider receives the service request on the app and can provide the quote for the same. The admin has access to all the master data to view and manage everything from the web panel.
The on-demand app solution helps service providers to extend the reach to the customers, make the most out of the opportunities, and easily get the payments done. The customers can save time, money, and effort in searching the reliable service providers and get the services at their convenient schedule without needing to take the appointments.
It’s benefitting both- the service seekers and service providers. Timely services, round the clock availability, and easiness in domestic qualms are the perks of the home service app solution that gears up people to leverage them.
The handyman app falls under the category of on-demand home service app, which is expected to witness a growth of 18.91% and reach USD 1,133.40 billion by 2026.
Geared up to build an Uber for handyman / Home Services App Development ? If so, then take a peek inside the interfaces to create and the features to include:
For service provider
- Create or update the profile to inform the user about the services.
- View the list of jobs requested by the people.
- Accept or reject the services based on availability.
- Get the user’s details post-request acceptance.
- Update task status to show the occupancy on the app.
- Receive the ratings and reviews for the services provided.
- Track the order history anytime, anywhere.
- Manage the service status and the cost.
For service seeker (Users)
- Easy onboarding with social credentials or phone numbers.
- A long handyman listing.
- View handyman statistics to analyze the performance.
- Schedule bookings for the services required.
- Track the handyman location to help them arrive using the shortest path.
- Instant chat with the service provider once the service booking is done.
- Real-time alerts to notify the users about handyman status.
- Easy payment through wallet, credit/debit cards, or in cash.
- View the customers and service providers’ details, and the jobs are done on a single dashboard.
- Access and manage the reviews posted by the customers for the different service providers.
- View and manage the service providers’ services.
- View the bookings detail and booking status.
- View and export the daily, monthly, or yearly report.
- Integrated analytics to find hidden insights.
- Manage the earnings, fees, and commissions.
- The data is stored in the cloud for data security and improved performance.
All the features comprising the handyman app are illustrated. You can decide on the features you want to include initially and later, scale the app with more features.
The technology stack for Home Services App Development
Technology is the backbone of what the users will be seeing in the front-end. For the glitch-free performance of the handyman application, the decision of the technology stack is very crucial. The proficiency in technology is all-important to narrow down the choice for technological tools, APIs, and a lot more.
In the event, you are not a tech-savvy guy, it’s highly recommended to consult a development team and then decide on the technology aspect.
The cost to develop Uber for Home Services App Development
To make the Sci-Fis a reality like Irona, you have to build a handyman app for the target audience. There is enough room to grow in the unexplored territory. But, the cost of handyman app development is the biggest roadblock, which deters the budding entrepreneurs in the first step.
Don’t fret! The white-label on-demand mobile app development comes to rescue. The off-the-shelf solution allows you to get the app up and running in a matter of days without spending bundles. However, it comes with a set of limitations.
In case, you are capable enough to build the app from scratch, then developing a handyman app for Android and iOS platform cost you around $10-$15k individually. The set of features, design, platform, technology, and the development partner location had a huge impact on the final cost. So, get the estimate from the handyman android and iOS app development company and then make various decisions that suit your budget.
Still, if you have any queries regarding shaping your handyman app idea into reality through the white-label solution or custom development from scratch, then feel free to connect with our business consultant.
The app is centered on the end user’s needs, which augments the chances of its triumph in the on-demand landscape. There is a tremendous opportunity because there are a lot of geographical areas that are not explored and tapped yet by the handyman apps. It’s high time to transform the revolutionary handyman app idea into a full-fledged solution combining the industry experience, tech expertise, and data-driven insights. Let’s make it done!