Presently, the people are up to their neck in and their instant gratification need have created zero tolerance for long waiting time and inconvenient appointment schedules. The case is no different with people trying to book a salon or spa manually. Playing a catch up with the vacant slot for the beauty services, long waits for the service providers to get free, exorbitant price, and unawareness of the deals that salon is offering are some of the cons associated with traditional salon booking services.
Realizing the unmet need of the people seeking the beauty salon services, Uber has created ‘Uber for beauty’- the beauty salon iOS mobile app that provides salon services such as facial treatment, hair-cut, make-up, masseuses, nail-art, and others at the customer’s home. Just the way, the on-demand services have made the taxi, food, grocery, and other offerings get available at the doorstep in a couple of taps,
Later, a slew of on-demand beauty salon android apps such as Glamsquad, Housejoy, Priv, Vênsette, and Soothe are built that have brought the two- the beauty service seekers and beauty service providers together. It has helped the people to get the beauty service with the utmost convenience and provided a lucrative opportunity to the service providers to build the online presence and expand the service in a time-savvy and cost-effective manner.
Revenue in the Beauty & Personal Care market amounts to $26,907 million in 2020 at the growth rate of 6.7%.
The fact has proven that creating an on-demand salon react native application development is a good idea, which lands the beauty salons on the high ROI trajectory along with the array of opportunities to catch maximum eyeballs, increase conversion, and augment the customer loyalty.
Want to disrupt the traditional beauty salon business with mobilization? If so, it justifies your time investment in reading the next section.
The Key Features of On-Demand Beauty App
To make the app serve the need of both the customers who are looking for the beauty services according to their time preferences and the beauty specialists who want to earn in their spare time, the app has two different interfaces with a distinct set of features. Additionally, there is another interface for admin panel to manage the stylists, users, bookings, transactions, promotions, and other things, but, it’s not mandatory to implement.
For the customers:
- Registration: It allows the users to easily authenticate and onboard the journey.
- Login: The users can sign in using the credentials or through social channels.
- View salons: The users can view the list of salon professionals with specific beauty skills in the nearby region.
- Search salons: The advanced filter enables the users to search the salon professionals matching their beauty service needs.
- View salon profile: After selecting the salon professional, the users can view their profile including services offered, prices, available timings, and contact information.
- Booking history: The previous bookings and visits to the users can be viewed to check the experience and reviews.
- Appointment booking: Just a single tap on the ‘Book now’ button and the services for the specified timings can be booked. The pre-booking feature can also be enabled.
- Easy payment: The payment can be done easily with multiple payment options such as cash, credit/debit card, or other payment gateways.
- Push notifications: The users’ attention can be captured by sending the notifications about the latest offer, incredible discounts or deals, or the launch of new service.
- Rating system: The users can provide feedback for the services received, which other users can view before booking the appointment.
- In-app chat: The users can communicate with professionals within the app regarding the request for the changes in time, the professional can inform about the delay due to traffic jam, and more.
For beauty professionals:
- Registration: This form allows the professionals to onboard the journey within the app.
- Profile builder: The stylists can provide all the information such as the services offered, appointments availability, experience, previous bookings, and others.
- View user request: The user request can be viewed and assigned to the service specialist by the salon owner.
- Schedule appointments: The stylist has the complete liberty to accept or reject the booking request as per their availability.
- In-app chat: The professionals can chat with the customers when required.
- Cost management: The service pricing is variable, which can be increased or decreased by the service provider based on the season or peak hours.
The business benefits of building an On-Demand Beauty App
- The number of bookings will be maximized, which means higher earning.
- The professionals can make the most out of the time that increases productivity.
- Getting the preferred service according to the user’s interest at their schedule turns the users into loyal fans, which implies the user will re-order the service again.
- It’s a great opportunity to increase the awareness of the services and inform the alluring deals that salon offers.
- The feedback system helps in identifying the areas where improvements can be done.
- The app works in both- online and offline mode 24/7.
- It creates some monetization opportunities like- advertising, featured listing, or turning the app into an e-store where various beauty products can be browsed and purchased.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop On-Demand Beauty App?
Undoubtedly, there is no definite answer to this question. It always depends on the number of features, UI/UX engineering needs, third-party API integration, back-end, and complexity involved, which are completely variable. All these factors together define how many working hours and the time will be consumed in the on-demand app development. There are a couple of factors which significantly impact the app development timeline and the budget:
- Developing the app for two different platforms- Android and iOS, means double the time, efforts, and resources will be required, which certainly uplift the cost.
The number of screens:
- The increasing number of screens in the application implies the developers have to invest an increasing number of hours and efforts in building the app.
- The unique design that thrives the users comes at a cost. So, as the design complexity moves from simple to out-of-box level, the designing cost will surge.
- Don’t forget, the device fragmentation issue associated with Android apps, and the app variations for different Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Making the app adaptable to varied screen sizes with distinct resolution increases the development hours and so is the cost.
- The payment gateway integration, push notification functionality integration, and other types of third-party integration make the app development easier, but more the number of integrations, the cost will increase accordingly.
Support and maintenance:
- The ongoing support and maintenance services when provided by the team, they charge extra for this service at a later stage or inclusive in the package.
To get an exact picture of the development cost, get connected with business consultants to know which parameters fit best with your app requirements and how they impact the overall cost.
My two cents: The app development cost varies in the different regions of the world so choose the app development agency that offers optimal services like- NectarBits and whose hourly rates suit your budget.
Take a glimpse of the success stories of Beauty On-Demand Startups
The success stories of the start-ups are a great source of inspiration and let us know how the companies have managed to overcome all the obstacles that came in their way to incredible success and how they stand out in the crowd with the right strategy. Here, we have enlisted a few start-ups that have scored immense success in a short span and you may see them as your future-competitor:
Moving ahead with a unique strategy of allowing the user to choose a specific service and then followed by professionals’ appointment booking app, carves a distinctive niche in the market. With a revolutionary concept of building Ecommerce store website for beauty products, the app also allows the users to choose even the products’ brand for a particular salon service.
It offers both- the mobile and web interface to the users to get beauty services from talented, skilled, and top-rated professionals. The business is offering its beauty services to 33 cities across the USA and Canada after a merger with BeGlammed.
The start-up has stepped up the last-minute blowouts service game in beauty salon services by partnering with high-end salons offering five-star blowouts. Within a five-mile radius, the users can easily get a booking for the blowouts.
- The Glam app
The app offers a broad spectrum of beauty salon services that are available under pre-booking and last-minute booking structure. Just name it, and the experienced stylists will be ringing your doorbell to get you to look gorgeous.
Summing it up
The astronomical usage of the on-demand apps and the huge revenue it is bringing to the businesses is a sign of how much lucrative opportunity the on-demand app development is. The on-demand beauty app helps the users to get rid of the long waiting, unavailability of the preferred booking time, and unawareness of the better deals related to bookings at the traditional beauty salon.
It’s just a matter of a couple of taps and the users will have access to the salon services across the region and can book them at their convenient time and place. End up all the hassles involved with beauty salon services and get the maximum bookings with on-demand beauty app development right away.