Most of the fashion brands use the Instagram platform to create hype for their brand and product, especially during launch. This helps them, in turn, to build anticipation amongst their followers because:
- These pictures and posts give just enough to stimulate their brain cells and interest to know more about the product and brand and as a result
- They will feel the urge to click on the link to visit the websites of the fashion brands to gain further info and even make a buying decision.
This means that these pictures help them to raise the traffic to their fashion site. All you have to do is make sure that you do not give out everything to the users through your pictures, but just the basics.
Read more: How to Make a Successful Android App?
Building anticipation and interest is vital for any business whether it is for announcing a new product line, launching a new album, or making an announcement of a big event coming up. Most shoppers and celebrities now turn to Instagram to gather info about a product before they buy it. Research says that more than 80% of people buy a product they like on Instagram.
This platform will allow you to be much more creative with your promotional deals and tell a story through it to get the attention of your followers for Instagram about the fashion product you are showcasing.
Cross-Promote your content
If you want to build an impression on your social followers that is more impactful and long-lasting, you will need to look over and above Instagram only. This means that you will need to cross-promote your content across all available social media channels. For this, you will not only need to create the most appealing pictures, and videos to post but also make sure that it is consistent and compatible with all the different requirements of different social media platforms.
This is an approach followed by most of the fashion brands that provides them with a larger opportunity and enables them to:
- Move their social followers beyond the Instagram feed and
- Gain attention of more social followers and drive them towards their fashion site.
This increases the awareness of the fashion brand and product, if not the chances of making a sale.
- It will help them to establish a better connection with a more extensive set of social followers which is the fundamental requirement of any marketing approach, digital or print.
- It will also help you to establish links with other channels, tools and even brands to your point of sale.
It is very obvious. Since Facebook acquired Instagram, it is better to use both these networks and their respective followers to increase your reach from only a billion active monthly users of Instagram alone to more than three and a half billion adding two and a half followers of Facebook along with it.
It is simple math and the results of integrating Facebook and Instagram at the same time is simply fascinating!
Utilize Instagram Stories
At this point, you should remember that increasing your reach within social media with such integration may also have a negative effect. This is because you can bounce the followers among your social channels, store, website, and more. The best way to prevent this is to introduce your social communities across different social channels to a new range of content.
However, it is vital to encourage them to come out of the ‘four walls’ of the individual social networks. The only way in which you can do this effectively is by utilizing the interactive features of Instagram Stories, depending on your goals.
Access it by simply tapping on the sticker icon located in the bar at the top of your screen after you have taken a picture or recorded a video and then follow these instructions:
- Location: Focus on reaching out to the local customers if you are a small brand. Use the geotag feature to be more visible.
- Mentions: Tag people in your Stories. This will not only give them recognition but also help you to show your gratitude to them for something, get notified and easily repost your Story.
In addition to that, you must also focus on the other useful features such as using proper hashtags, GIFs, polls, different social media analytics and others. All these will enable you to get more engaged social followers.
Produce videos and find influencers
In addition to posting some of the best photos of your fashion product on Instagram, you must also produce and post videos as well. This will ensure higher engagement and create a bigger impact. These videos can be anything, such as:
- A mini-advertisement
- Behind the scenes shots
- An explainer of your products and more.
These videos will keep the users excited and raise interest in your product and your brand.
Once done, focus on finding and engaging a few influencers. This can be any well-known micro or macro influencer or even your well-respected users. This social media marketing tactic will help you to build Instagram followers and relationships with the help of the influencers making the best use of their popularity and their followers.
Have a better plan
Social business marketing, fashion or anything, needs a proper plan. Therefore, create your plan based on the most significant parameter: know and define your goals for social media campaign as well as keeping the KPIs in mind. This will, in the end, help you to determine success and come up with strategies that will help you to achieve it. Your goals could be anything like:
- Generating more sales of your new fashion product through social media
- Building more awareness for your brand and product
- Increasing the level of engagement in your community or
- Growing your email list.
Goals may vary according to the type of business. A B2B business will have a different set of goals as compared to a B2C business due to the longer customer journey.
However, for all fashion brands, the primary goal is to build anticipation and interest through impressions and engagements to drive more social and Instagram traffic towards their fashion site.