“It will take 5 days to deliver your item.”
The statement makes one feel like the business is too slow. Isn’t it?
In the fast-paced world, with the technology advancements, people never satisfy with standard shipping methods. They need faster, efficient, and trackable deliveries, which must be fulfilled. It’s possible only when the courier services reinvent the services leveraging mobile technology to transit from traditional services to modern services.
Bingo! The on-demand courier delivery apps have simplified the way the courier companies operate and meet the logistics needs of the Ecommerce stores. Besides, it helps courier start-ups to play a catch up with big fishes in the pond.
Let’s see the different types of on-demand courier delivery applications that meet the instant delivery challenges experienced by Ecommerce web stores.
The business models for on-demand courier delivery application
- Postal and courier service app
The courier companies like- FedEx and DPD have taken a step forward by mobilizing the courier and parcel services. The companies can mobilize the complete operations, customer-facing interface, admin-side management, or only a specific segment of the courier services.
- Package tracking aggregators
The organization creates a platform where all the carriers’ packages are tracked and managed centrally irrespective of the company they are. The identification number (ID) helps in tracking every package and the push notifications are sent to the customers regarding every activity related to package delivery.
- Branded delivery solutions
The courier companies just build the order tracking application that facilitates online commerce customers to track the package from shipment to the final delivery. It helps the online retailers provide transparency and convenience to the customers, and leapfrog the competition.
- Uber-like marketplace
The Uber-like marketplace is created in the courier delivery industry that provides a platform to the traditional courier services to digitize the services in the exchange of commission fees or subscriptions.
The steps to build a courier delivery application
- Define the business model: Under the on-demand umbrella, select the aforementioned courier delivery business models that fit best with the target audience, long-term goals, resources, and business specifics.
- Define the business goals: Don’t directly jump on the app development bandwagon; instead, understand the business specifics like- geographical operational area, delivery types, and packaging considerations, and business requirements to check if the particular business model meets the business goals.
- Define the project scope: After theory, it’s a turn of practical implementation where the set of functionalities to include in the app is identified.
The exclusive features to keep in on-demand courier delivery app solution
- Packaging options: The items to ship come in varied types and sizes, which need to pack accordingly. For instance, the fragile items need to pack with extra care and large-sized package require large packaging, which ultimately increases the packaging charges.
- Route management: The routes are optimized to ensure faster and efficient deliveries that meet the instant delivery needs of the customers at less fuel consumption.
- Real-time tracking: This feature is integrated with all the three interfaces- customer, driver, and admin panel of the courier service app. It helps in tracking the real-time location of the package shipped to keep the company stay informed about the package status and make the customers happy.
- Premium delivery option: Some customers look for instant delivery alternatives. The company provides the premium delivery service option- same day or within one-hour delivery by charging extra dollars.
- Chat support: The users can directly connect with the admin through in-app chat where they can raise the concern for service quality, delivery agent behavior, and other things. It helps the admin to find the pain points and improve the services accordingly.
- Push notifications: Getting updates regarding the shipment status at every step of the way delight the customers. They get to know ETAs, latest shipment status, or any change in the delivery time or route.
- Feedback: The rating and reviews given by the users for the shipment delivery services are highly valuable to revamp the services and make them better in the future.
- Payment gateways: Multiple payment options help the users to pay the way they want, which adds convenience.
- Customer support: The users can connect with the support staff immediately and communicate the queries such as uninformed delays in parcel delivery. It nurtures the relationship with customers.
- Work online and offline: The app allows the users to know the parcel delivery status and whereabouts even when there is no internet connection. The real-time location could be known only after the user becomes online.
- Personalized messages: To improve customer engagement, users can make visit the app again through promotional offers. Different strategies could help in retaining customers.
How much does it cost to build the courier delivery application?
When you have decided business model, defined business goals, and identified the project scope, it’s time to get teamed with a development company.
You can either hire an in-house team or outsource the development task to the service provider to get the on-demand courier delivery app developed. The location of the development partner, UI/UX design complexity, features set, tech stack, and the number of platforms play a vital role in scaling up or scaling down the app development cost. Building the app from scratch costs around $10,000- $15,000.
If you don’t have enough bundles to spend, you can go with readymade solutions that mobilize your services in the two weeks or lesser time and at the fraction price. Choose the alternative that fits the bill.
After a stressful day at the office, none of the customers want to visit the courier service providers’ office to gauge parcel delivery details. Stepping in with the tech-savvy audience and market trends, it’s necessary to mobilize the courier delivery service, which further helps in surviving and thriving in the fierce competition. Are you ready to invest in your success? Of course, everyone willing to mobilize the services, then how can you be left behind?
In the path towards mobilizing the services with on-demand courier service delivery app development, if you find any difficulty, then feel free to connect with our business consultants as the paradox of choices may confuse you. 😊