Do you know the secret ingredients of making the best-in-class mobile app?
Is it crafting breathtaking UI?
Is it delivering unprecedented UX?
Is it the list of unique functionalities?
Yes, but still, it’s a half-baked cake that’s neither tasty nor in the eatable form.
What else? Making the app stable and secure is all-important to win the customers’ heads and hearts all through the journey. It’s possible with the selection of the right technology stack that makes the mobile app a great success. When the decision is not made rightly either business misses the opportunity or get fails.
Oops! But you are not a tech geek? You need to count on suggestions or leave the tech stack decision to the development partner. That’s where the development partner must understand the project idea, goal, and every feature and functionality to make the right decision.
At Nectarbits, the team takes utmost care of the tech stack for the app development in the sense the app should deliver unmatched UI/UX to make the customers happy and at the same time, help businesses to scale and excel with stable web app development.
Here’s the quick overview of the technology stack and the right mix of tools leveraged to develop web apps:
It’s a user-side interface with which users interact. Several components help in enabling the interactions in a web browser that are:
- HTML5: The latest version of HTML helps in representing the information structure on the web page. It provides audio and video support.
- CSS3: While supporting the responsive design, it illustrates the look and format of HTML documents on different screen sizes flawlessly.
- JS: It’s used for crafting interactive and dynamic pages that enable even complex animations to render the best UX.
- TypeScript: For engineering complex and multi-tier apps, it helps in programming and proper code structuring.
- Framework: It’s a pre-written functional code structured in files as packages, which eliminates the need to write every line of code from scratch. Mostly, React and Angular are two popular frameworks that are highly leveraged to build stable and secure applications.
It’s a technology that handles the communication between client-side, server-side, and other backend components to accept the user input, process it, and provide the output. This is how the website works in the backend. The components of the backend are:
- Server-side software
It determines how server, app, and database communicate and work with each other. Different backend frameworks like- Laravel, CodeIgniter, Flask, Lift, Meteor.JS, and others used to make the backend development effortless.
- Background processes
To reduce business logic processing time and ensure high performance of the web app, the background processes used where the business logic moved to external workers.
The place where all the data from all records and files is collected in an organized manner. Different types of databases are used depending on the business project needs.
Redis: The sub-millisecond response time feature makes the database very special as it enables millions of requests every second.
MongoDB: The geospatial feature and document-based data model are the important features among its numerous capabilities, which makes it a preferred choice for Ecommerce, gaming, and event applications.
Elasticsearch: It facilitates faster retrieval of the data, that’s why it’s recommended for user-facing applications where quick results improve UX.
MySQL: The high-performance and scalability make it the perfect fit for apps where multi-row transactions are executed in large numbers.
PostgreSQL: Due to the best analytical capabilities and SQL engine, it’s used in the apps that require processing mammoths of data.
The interface establishes a connection between the web server and the client-server and also facilitates the data transfer to and from the database for the webserver. The APIs eliminate the need to write code from scratch and provide readymade functionalities that are easy to implement and configure in the app. For instance, push notification APIs, payment gateway APIs, and more.
The factors that play a vital role in influencing the tech stack choice
Web app type
There are a lot of app considerations such as the devices on which the app will function, the platforms it will run on, the network connection it requires, and the UX, which together helps in deciding for the language, library, and software to use for development.
The size of the project complexity helps in defining the technology stack for the application. The projects come in three different sizes- large, medium, and small, along with varied latency, response, and performance needs.
The list of functionalities helps in deciding the technology stack and professionals required to build the web app.
The chances exist that you may want to scale the web app vertically or horizontally. The technologies to use must have potential that enable businesses to scale the app when required.
Security stays at the heart of app development that makes the tech stack selection process very important. Embrace the tech stack that facilitates secured interactions carried out via API, enable secured access authorization for every request, take regular back-ups, ensure adherence with compliances, and infrastructure set up in the cloud server to ensure the best security of the app.
When you want the app to launch at speed, you have two options- build MVP and then enhance it or embrace the readymade solution and make the way to the market quickly. In the case, you want the full-fledged solution development, some frameworks available that can help you craft the app faster with in-built functionalities.
The tips to avoid expensive mistakes of app failure
Sometimes, despite making apt decisions, the final app development suffers from unexpected results. It can be prevented following a couple of tips:
- The detailed documentation should clearly illustrate the project specifications so that the development partner team understands it clearly and make suggestions for tech stack rightly.
- Testing the app idea going MVP way is the best approach to not lose bundles on the final development if anything goes wrong at the later stage.
- The readymade solutions available in the form of community-build libraries or third-party integrations enable the creation of functionalities at speed.
- Using cloud hosting solutions to host web projects is a good practice, especially when the applications have unpredictable traffic.
- The optimized code and good infrastructure make the app future-proof.
What’s the best pick? There is no one-size-fits-all solution for the tech stack selection process. It depends on the project size, web app type, the range of functionalities, performance level, scalability, stability, number of users, and pretty more.
Beware! There is no time-proven technology that becomes a perfect fit for every web app. Irrespective of the tech stack brought enormous success to the leading players or your competitors; it can’t necessarily meet your project needs. Take the decision for a tech stack that helps your business accomplish the goals with #1 web app development.